One of phpFriendlyAdmin's greatest strengths is it's reliance on open source technologies
that are commonplace on many modern web servers. Chance is in your favor that if you've used
open source scripts in the past your hardware may already be configured to support phpFriendlyAdmin.
phpFriendlyAdmin Server Requirements:
- PHP 4.X or Greater: PHP is available for many different web servers.
(Requires register_globals=on for versions <= 1.0).
- PEAR: This framework comes preinstalled on PHP 4.3 or greater.
- DB Package: Database Abstraction Layer for use with PEAR.
- A Compatible Database: Many databases are supported (ex. dbase, fbsql, interbase, informix,
msql, mssql, mysql, oci8, odbc, pgsql, sqlite and sybase).
- FTP Enabled: The webserver must be set to allow for this protocol.
phpFriendlyAdmin Client Requirements:
- Recent Web Browser: Any HTML compliant web browser released in the last 5 years.